Chances are if you’re on this page that you’ve heard the news: OhmConnect is now available to Toronto Hydro customers!
It’s true. The program that has paid out more than $2 million to California residents committed to reducing their energy usage during times of peak use is now launching in Ontario and setting up an account can be done in just a few clicks.
Why do I need to connect my Toronto Hydro account to OhmConnect in order to get paid?
OhmConnect works by reading your home’s smart meter data and rewarding you when your electricity usage during an #OhmHour falls below the projected amount of energy you’re expected to use, based on your previous usage history recorded in your Toronto Hydro account. OhmConnect will not share your utility credentials with any outside parties nor access your account for any other purposes than in order to create your personalized usage prediction.
How to create an OhmConnect account with your Toronto Hydro bill
Having trouble connecting your Toronto Hydro smart meter data to OhmConnect? Check out this quick how-to guide and get connected in two minutes.
- Visit the OhmConnect website and create an account with your postal code, email and password.
- Once you’ve entered your postal code and selected your utility provider, you will be asked to connect your Toronto Hydro account to OhmConnect. If you’re unsure how to do that, click on the little question mark and you’ll see the following window:
- If you do not already have a Toronto Hydro online accounts, you will be prompted to make a new one. Have your hydro bill at the ready!
- Once your Toronto Hydro online account has been created, you can then connect to OhmConnect by logging in using your Toronto Hydro account username and password.
- The next prompt will ask for your mobile phone number. This is the number you will use to receive #OhmHour notifications letting you know when to save energy, but for the time being, the number will be used to verify your account.
- You should receive a text message that looks like this:
Enter that 4 digit number when you receive it, and once the connection is successful, you will be ready to begin saving!