Having trouble connecting your Toronto Hydro smart meter data to OhmConnect? Check out this quick how-to guide and get connected in two minutes.
- Visit the OhmConnect website and create an account with your postal code, email and password.
- Once you’ve entered your postal code and selected your utility provider, you will be asked to connect your Toronto Hydro account to OhmConnect. If you’re unsure how to do that, click on the little question mark and you’ll see the following window:
- If you do not already have a Toronto Hydro online accounts, you will be prompted to make a new one. Have your hydro bill at the ready!
- Once your Toronto Hydro online account has been created, you can then connect to OhmConnect by logging in using your Toronto Hydro account username and password.
- The next prompt will ask for your mobile phone number. This is the number you will use to receive #OhmHour notifications letting you know when to save energy, but for the time being, the number will be used to verify your account.
- You should receive a text message that looks like this:
Enter that 4 digit number when you receive it, and once the connection is successful, you will be ready to begin saving!
Thanks to Toronto-based OhmConnect user Alex Masters-Lecky for creating this walk-through. Want to follow along with his OhmConnect journey or join his energy saving team? Check out his blog, Peak Demand.